Dominion Energy Ohio reminds customers the various company payment plans and government energy assistance programs can help them stay warm this winter. Customers who may not be able to afford their heating bills are urged to contact Dominion Energy Ohio immediately to inquire about payment plans and energy assistance programs. For additional information, customers can call Dominion Energy Ohio at 800.362.7557. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711. Information is also available 24/7 online at www.DominionEnergy.com, search billing options and assistance.
Company Payment Plans
Dominion Energy Ohio offers the following payment options to residential and small commercial customers:
• Budget Billing allows customers to pay a fixed budget amount each month, based on annual gas usage. Customers should call the company for more information.
• Current-Plus Plan: Customers with a past-due balance pay their current monthly bill, plus one-sixth of the total account balance at the time they enroll in the plan.
• The One-Ninth Plan allows customers to pay one-ninth of their total account balance each month plus a calculated budget amount. • Under the One-Third Winter Heating Plan, customers pay one-third of their total account balance each month for bills that include gas used from November 1, 2022, through April 15, 2023.
• Short–Term Extension grants up to five additional days to pay before the next bill date.
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio Winter Reconnection Order
All residential customers, regardless of income, may avoid a shutoff or restore gas service once during the heating season until April 15, 2023, by paying the lesser of:
• the entire past-due balance on your gas bill;
• the past-due payments if you are on a special payment plan; • or $175.
Government Assistance Programs
The following programs are available for income-eligible customers. Customers can apply for all programs with one application at www. energyhelp.ohio.gov, which provides income guidelines as well.
• Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus): To qualify for this special payment plan, developed by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, a customer’s yearly gross household income can be up to 150 percent of federal poverty guidelines. Under PIPP Plus, participating customers may maintain their natural gas service by paying 6 percent of their total gross monthly household income, or $10, whichever is greater. The new PIPP Plus maximum yearly household gross income levels for the 2021-2022 program year are: $18,735 for one person; $25,365 for two people; $31,995 for three; $38,625 for four; $45,255 for five; $51,855 for six; $58,515 for seven; and $65,145 for eight. Add $6,630 for each additional person.
• HomeEnergyAssistanceProgram(HEAP) provides a one- time heating bill credit during the winter heating season. HEAP is available to customers whose yearly gross household income is up to 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
Dominion Energy Ohio Assistance/Conservation Programs
• Dominion EnergyShare is a last-resort program after all other state and federal assistance is exhausted. The Salvation Army administers the Dominion-funded program. It is available to Dominion Energy Ohio customers with a shut-off notice or who have been disconnected. Applications can be made on or after December 1.
• Dominion Energy Ohio’s Housewarming Program provides weatherization assistance to help income-eligible customers reduce their energy usage. For information, call CHN Housing Partners at 888.377.3774 or go to https://chnhousingpartners.org/housing-and-community-services/weatherize-my-home-and-more/.
Customers who may not be able to afford their heating bills are urged to contact Dominion Energy Ohio immediately to inquire about payment plans and energy assistance programs. For additional information, customers can call Dominion Energy Ohio at 800.362.7557. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711.