Fall is a great time for cleaning, organizing, and preparing for the upcoming holidays. During this time of year, it is essential to avoid covering up the mess and clutter in your home by adding fall décor. Dive beyond the surface and note what items bring joy and order to your home.
Fall is also essential to prepare your body for the upcoming winter months. At Arukah Functional Wellness, Tanya Franks, and her team of functional wellness practitioners, including Tammy Pratt, RN, and Medical Director Lisa Malys, DO, help their clients prepare their body, soul, and spirit and share their five top tips to help Women’s Journal readers FALL into good health this autumn.
1. Check your vitamin D levels. A growing body of evidence shows that vitamin D plays a crucial role in disease prevention and maintaining optimal health. It also helps prevent Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). According to studies, the optimal or functional range of vitamin D levels is 50-80. Depending on your levels, the recommendation is between 2000 & 5000 IU’s daily. Vitamin D should always be taken with vitamin K and with healthy fat.
2. Get a FUNCTIONAL health & wellness check.
There are many screenings we can do to ensure optimal Health & function. Just to name a few:
- Micronutrient test shows levels of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and Immune function.
- Nutritional Evaluation W/ 24 24-hour urinalysis to help identify nutritional problems, especially those related to dietary imbalance, digestion, absorption, transportation, utilization, and elimination.
- Functional bloodwork- looking at traditional bloodwork through a Functional lens to ensure proper function.
3. Whole body detox. A full body detox is a comprehensive plan or process that aims to rid the body of wastes and toxins and promote wellness. When your body can eliminate properly, your immune system will be stronger.
4. Get an Immune-boosting nutritional IV. IV Hydration or Vitamin Infusions consisting of vitamin C, Zinc, B-complex, Calcium, Magnesium, and vitamin B12. Ways to greatly impact your Immune system and get you ready for cold and flu season.
5. Unplug & go outside. Studies show that limiting your time on electronics and going outside can help to heal and repair your brain and body, leaving you feeling more grounded and alive.
So, as you watch the leaves change, remember it is not only nature that is subject to change and growth. You, too, can begin a new journey to cleanse and prepare for a new, healthier you.
Tanya Franks, Functional Nutritionist, Digestive Health Practitioner, Certified Natural Health Professional, and owner of Arukah Functional Wellness, has studied natural health for 21 years. Since gaining her first certification in 2007, Tanya has helped hundreds of people regain or maintain their health naturally. Arukah is a hybrid Wellness Center bringing a “Natural-minded” traditional Doctor and nurses on board to facilitate Vitamin infusions or IV Hydration Therapy. This is a powerful tool to help revitalize and energize your health.