Integrative Medicine (IM) is a medical practice combining the benefits of conventional medicine and complementary treatments. The goal for treating pain with an integrative approach is to develop a whole-person treatment plan ultimately treating the mind, body and spirit of an individual to relieve pain and improve quality of life.
8 Tenets of Integrative Medicine
1 . Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
2. All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration including mind, spirit, and community as well as body.
3. Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body’s innate healing response.
4. Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
5. IM neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
6. Good medicine is based on good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
7. Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
8. Practitioners of IM should exemplify its principles and commit their lives to self-exploration and self-development.
Our mission is to help guide and maintain a state of inner balance moving away from illness and disease and focusing on wellness of mind, body, and soul. The popularity of IM is a result of its many advantages. It offers the most comprehensive approach to addressing pain, allowing patients to make an informed decision about the best treatment for their specific needs. By focusing on prevention, patients can avoid unnecessary and expensive medical procedures and enjoy a better quality of life. IM benefits include helping people deal with difficult illnesses and help reduce their stress and pain levels.
If you are looking for a doctor to really listen to you, spend time with you, and create a plan specific to your needs, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Delzell, 440.557.5011.
We have just moved into our new office space: 8401 Chagrin Road Suite 20-A, Chagrin Falls 44023